Smiling baby on purple wrapped in lace
5 Thing to Do The Day of Your Newborn Session
- Keep stimulation to a minimum. Babies may not seem like it but they're easily over stimulated. We recommend having an easy morning at home. Avoid too many visitors or anything strenous like running errands.
- Dress your baby in loose, comfortable clothing. As with maternity sessions, anything binding can leave skin indentations which is something you don't want in your newborn photo.
- Give your baby a full bottle. Then expect to feed them again and again throughout the session. A full belly equals a sleepy baby. You'd be surprised how many times they want to eat during a session.
- Take a shower and pamper yourself.
We know, we know. When it comes to newborns, showers and pampering yourself tend to get put on the back burner. But we promise you're going to want to be in atleast a few of these photos.
- Pack the night before. If there is anything you would like to incorporate in the session it's best to pack it the night before so you don't forget. That's also a good time to lay out everyone's outfits, fill the diaper bag and prepare for tomorrow. Babies pick up on their parents stress so keeping your session day as stress free as possible will help make your newborn photos a success.
Looking for a baby photographer in Jax, book your session with Christy Whitehead Photography.
Christy Whitehead Photography email@example.com Jacksonville, Fl