Your Child’s First Photo Session: What to Bring
It’s your child’s first photo shoot and you may feel overwhelmed or not sure what to do or what to bring. Here are a few things that you might want to consider bringing with you to the shoot.
While our studio tries to make sure most things you need are provided, these are items that would be helpful for you to take care of on your own.
Here are a few things that you should consider bringing along to your child’s photo shoot if you want the best possible photos:
1. Toys. Whether you’re bringing several children along to the photo shoot or you would like to fit in a few shots of you and your spouse alone, you want to keep your child occupied when they aren’t in front of the camera and toys are the best way to do this. Try bringing large and small, especially if it’s something that can be hidden easily or matches their outfit.
2. A good book. Is there a specific book that your child simply loves? Bring it along to the session to either read to them while they’re being photographed or to read to a child that isn’t being photographed at that time. Your bedtime routine is so special but you never really get photos of it so this is the perfect opportunity to do just that. Show off their favorite.
3. Their favorite stuffed animal. Many children have that one stuffed animal that they take everywhere and even though it might be looking a little worse for wear, that stuffed animal plays a big role in your child’s life. One of the best parts about taking photos is that it captures a specific moment in time and that raggedy old bear is going to make for heartwarming photos years from now.
4. Additional outfits. If you have a young child in the house, you’ll understand how quickly an outfit can get ruined. The last thing you want to worry about on the day of your photo shoot is whether your child is going to ruin their outfit before or during the shoot, which is why it’s always a great idea to bring an extra change of clothing just in case. It will really help with your nerves too. Feel free to overpack, we can help you narrow down once you get there. Blue jeans are a great go to for boys or girls with bare feet.
5. Snacks. Think snacks that won’t stain fingers or mouths. Something small that won’t take along time to eat, like goldfish.
6. Wet wipes. Just in case the snacks do leave a mess or your little one needs their face cleaned.
7. Cake. Ok, maybe not for all sessions, but if you have a smash session booked, check to see if you are responsible for the cake or smash food.
Jacksonville, Florida photographer. We specialize in newborns, families and corporate photography. Our North Florida service areas include: Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, Ponte Vedra, Fernandina, Amelia Island, St. Augustine, Orange Park, Fleming Island, MacClenny, Middleburg, Maxville, Yulee and Callahan. For more information and to get a custom quote, please contact Christy directly. Christy Whitehead Photography, 514 Chaffee Point Blvd. #9, Jacksonville, Fl 32221 - (904) 891-0359