Welcoming a new baby can be a positive and exciting time for everyone but only children may have a hard time adjusting to the idea. Here are some ideas to help your child prepare for a new sibling:
- Read stories about babies and becoming a big brother/sister. Look at pictures and talk about how your family is changing. Focus on all the benefits of being an older sibling.
- Let me touch mom’s belly to feel those first kicks. If you have a fetal doppler, listen to the heart beat together.
- Show them pictures of themselves when they were a baby.
- Let them choose outfits or nursery items for their new sibling. Involve them in the decorating.
- Spend time around other babies if you can!
- Encourage your kiddo to play with other kids! Good social skills and learning to cope with differences will be instrumental in learning how to get along with their sibling.
- Include them in the maternity photos! Encourage them to express love to their new baby brother or sister - give moms belly a kiss and a hug. Put photos on the wall that emphasize their relationship with the unborn baby.
Location: 514 Chaffee Point Blvd #9, Jacksonville, FL 32221.
Christy Whitehead Photography email@example.com Jacksonville, Fl